The Love Acton project encouraged people from the local community to get creative. Helping us to produce an Acton 'brand' to be used throughout town for the summer of 2012!
2 month timescale to inform, engage and involve Acton people: 29 art workshops, 186 taking part actively designing, 28 creative sessions, 10 public events involving 350 people, 8 digitalisation opportunities, 5 Youth Projects, 102 participating organisations & 1,000?s attending our final celebration.
Acton Community Forum and Acton Arts Forum were commissioned by Ealing Council to develop the following exciting community art projects as the 'Love Acton' campaign:
? 'Love Acton' logo
? 'Art in the bag'
? Town centre banners
? Town centre mural
? Town centre event flags
? Acton Traders Group logo
These projects formed a part of and complemented a wider range of town centre improvement projects funded by the Mayor of London?s Outer London Fund and Ealing Council.
All the 'Love Acton' campaign projects had to:
- involve as many Acton residents as possible during conception and creation
- help people appreciate and explore Acton?s unique qualities ? including local heritage, local shopping, community facilities, strong and diverse community spirit ? and identify what makes it distinctive
- lift the spirits of those who see the artwork, as well as the spirits of those who are involved in its creation
- look cool, be of high quality and represent and complement Acton?s character, community, appeal and heritage
- be (if appropriate) weather resistant, robust and vandal proof
- require little or no maintenance or cleansing
- age gracefully
Anyone of any age could contribute to the 'Love Acton' campaign and contributions came in any form, including paintings, prints, photography, graphics, poems.
Project Start On:
Project End On: