Citizen 2020 ii
Citizen 2020 ii
Sharing stories & creating art
C2020II addressed the need for a more proactive, creative and effective initiative in supporting understanding, integration and participation of diverse communities through:
- Qualitative accredited training exploring identity,
- Discussion, envisioning, creating artwork and expressions that empower,
- Sharing this experience and personal journey through an exhibition.
Sessions took place at W3 gallery with our experienced team. We built towards the BELONGING exhibition of work and sharing of stories at the gallery.
The project addressed the identified needs of the marginalization and isolation by:
- Bringing together people of different faiths and/or ethnicities, to explore their personal and community legacies as a foundation to build friendships and relationships of trust.
- Working locally. Focus on people living in South Acton and support them to come together as a community.
- Working sustainably. Foster long-term relationships that will grow and last. We will evaluate and evidence the impact of the project and share the project ideas via the website.
- Working to improve the community. Support people to make their communities a better place to live now and into the future.
- Involving diverse people in planning and doing - ensuring that all are involved in shaping the project.
The ‘Belonging’ exhibition was the culmination of the Citizen 2020 project held with children, young people and adults. A partnership project led by ARTification, Double Helix Resources and ARK Space, we worked with artists specialising in different mediums from visual arts to spoken word and film. The exhibition was curated by Yousif Naser, capturing and sharing the work of project participants, none of whom were artists, all of whom to a risk in exposing their deepest feelings around the concept and experience of belonging.
Project Start On:
Project End On:
Acton Gardens Community Chest & Near Neighbours
020 8896 9247